Sunday 1 December 2013

DIY Autumn decor inspiration





Hello my lovelies so the last couple of years door handle hangers have been very "in" and there re some beautiful ones out there trust me I have purchased a good amount. I just think there something small and simple which adds loads of personality to a room and I just love them. I've also lately been into doing a few DIY projects especially to spice up my bedroom which is why I ended up making this. I love this I think it's so cute and very festive/autumny (if that's even a word) 
So I came up with this idea when I received my most recent graze box( if you want to know more about Graze and even get a code to get your own free graze box Click here) and now tht it's nearly Christmas their box was this pattern full of birds and reindeers, snowflakes and birds! I'm really into these colours at the moments they just make me feel warm and cosy. So as soon as I got my box (and free eating the brownies that arrived;) I knew I just had to UPcycle it as it was far too pretty to just throw away. So I thought this would be a perfect and really eat to do idea.

So if you are a member of graze or have another nice pattern you would like to UPcycle here is how I made mine. I took the piece of card and on the back drew a heart, I advise drawing it bigger than you actually want because I find that something always goes wrong:/ hehe. 
Once you finished cutting and your happy with your heart get a hole punch and punch ONE hole near the top and in the middle of the heart (be careful not to do it too near the top, because it could rip and that is definitely not cool:/) 
Then take this string like thing I'm not too sure what it's actually called, but it's quite straw like! I'm sure any string will do though! You can take a single piece of it but I decided I wanted to braid mine for a prettier look! Once you've finished just tie it through the hole and hang it somewhere! 

BAAAM you're done it's as simple as that I'm actually thinking of adding some glitter to it so I may to that later but for the moment I'm really happy with it.
I can't wait to see your ones so make sure you tweet them to me on Inspirelatin
Until next time
Love Damaris 
xoxoxox  
For business enquiries email me at inspirelatin@gmail.co.uk


2 comments:

  1. Really cute .)
    if you want to visit my blog, I'll be glad of it!
    maybe we can follow each other :)

    http://lapetitetasse.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you will definitely check it out and follow. Thanks for feedback:)

      Delete