Thursday 3 October 2013

How to get: Luscious lips

How to get: luscious lips.

So my ladies I'm back with another blog post but this time focused completely on our luscious lips. Our smile is one of the first things people notice and so I think it's really important to give our lips the care they need. So I'll be giving you some tips on how to look after them, how to make size up your lips and hoe to make your lip colour last longer.

A bold lip colour can be great and really make up a look, but those more natural days or for my ladies who aren't feeling that brave it's really important to have really healthy lips. If you follow all of these tips you'll also notice that your lips will have more natural pigment. All of these tips I'm going to be giving you are things that I do on a daily basis to look after my lips and I love. 
 ♥  Firstly make sure that you always wear an SPF on your lips we often forget to do this or think that Vaseline is enough, but if it doesn't have an SPF our lips can end up getting sun burned and drying out - not a good look. The lips actually don't have much melanin making the skin on the lips very thin. This means that it's one of the most vulnerable parts of our body to get sun burnt. So it's important we regularly apply a lip balm with at least an SPF of 15.

 ♥  Make sure you you exfoliate your lips regularly.
 Now you might not think exfoliating your lips is important, but I'm sure at some point you've moaned they're looking chapped or dry. Well exfoliating regularly is only of the best ways to solve this and I have two ways I love to exfoliate the first is making up a masque for your lips using either a small amount of olive oil and sugar, or a small amount of honey and sugar depending on what type of consistency you want as some people don't like the stickiness of the honey, but I personally use the honey mix more. The honey or the olive oil are really moisturising and the sugar granuals will serve as your exfoliation and lift up any dead skin cells. Simply gently rub the mixture onto your lips. The skin on your lips is very delicate so don't worry if you experience some tingling. More some extra moisture leave this on your lips for 5 - 10 minutes and then just wash it off with Luke warm water and make sure you apply a lip balm regularly.
For those of you who don't have the time to be making up a mixture then you can add a simple step into your beauty regime and this is the tip I do most often. Simply buy a soft headed toothbrush - a baby's toothbrush would be ideal. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure it's not the same one you clean your teeth with. Simply gently buff your lips with the tooth brush this will remove
 dead skin cells and stimulate circulation which means PINKER LIPS and we all love that!!! Then remeber again to apply a lib balm regularly. I recommend the Carmex range. 
 ♥ My last and final tip for keeping those lips in their healthiest condition is my golden rule for pretty much everything
DRINK RNOUGH WATER.
The benefits of drinking water are endless and beautiful lips is one of them it'll help prevent dry lips and good circulation through the body which again means pink lips. So make sure you drink your eight glasses a day:)

So what about getting the lip shape you want? I've never had a problem with my lip shape but I know some of you ladies long for fuller lips. If this is you then  you can use your lip liner to draw your line just outside your natural lip line and this will give the illusion of larger lips. Using bright lip colours will also help them look fuller, but if you're not feeling brave then use a pearly lip gloss this will reflect light and make your lips look fuller, but stay clear of dark colours as these can drown your lips and make them look smaller.
If your trying to minimise large lips then don't worry you too have a solution. Draw your lip line just inside your natural line and this will give the illusion of smaller lips and use a darker shade of lipstick as this will make them look smaller.

So that pretty much wraps this blog post up I hope you were able to learn something from it or get some ideas. Let me know if you try any of these and how you got on!!!
Until next time:) 

Stay connected with me: for any business enquiries or requests email me on inspirelatin@gmail.com
To see the full Carmex range mentioned in this blog Click here


No comments:

Post a Comment